In December of 2021 we welcomed Ed and Abu here to our farm and, to our knowledge, they are the first camels to ever reside in Polk County, Tennessee! Ed and Abu are single humped, dromedary camels, as opposed to their close relatives the bactrian camels which sport 2 humps. Camels are friendly and curious creatures and have a long history of being used domestically for transportation of people and goods. In many parts of the world it is not at all uncommon to see these majestic creatures either at work or grazing in their owners pastures however, for most people here in the United States, seeing a camel up close is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity! Here on the farm we’re excited to provide you this opportunity! During your camel encounter you will not only get to see them up close but you will have the opportunity to ride, pet, and interact with the camels so you will definitely want to bring your cameras out to this one!
- This experience is for lodging guests only. All others see “Events”, “Hump Day”.
- No solo riders under the age of 5
- Please allow approximately 30 minutes for this experience.
- Ride time will run approximately 6-8 minutes.
- MAXIMUM RIDER WEIGHT LIMIT OF 275. Riders may be weighed.
- Parent may ride with young child, 2 and up, so long as their combined weight does not exceed the 275 lb limit.
CANCELLATION POLICY: Guests choosing to cancel at least 72 hours prior to their experience may do so on their own for a FULL refund. Cancellation requests of less than 72 hours but more than 24 hours will be refunded in full minus a $10 processing fee. Cancellations inside of 24 hours will receive a 50% refund. In the event of inclement weather experiences that can not be rescheduled are refunded 100%.
LIABILITY WAIVER MUST BE SIGNED BY, OR ON BEHALF OF, ALL GUESTS LODGING WITH US AND/OR PARTICIPATING IN OUR EVENTS AND EXPERIENCES.